- The Jefferson Academy Foundation’s purpose is to provide financial assistance to support the needs, efforts, and mission of Jefferson Academy K-12 Charter School.
- The Foundation is a resource to financially support the administration, teachers, and educational and social programs at JA through grants, fundraisers and donations from our school community, businesses, alumni and non-profit organizations.
- We work to fund large scope projects such as: facility additions, buildings and grounds improvements, school technology maintenance and upgrades, support staff salaries, and funding academic needs to support classrooms.
- Charter schools DO NOT receive additional funding for buildings, facilities, grounds, and equipment. We work to raise revenue to fund projects in these areas.
- The Foundation is an independent, non-profit organization with its own board of directors and takes direction from The Jefferson Academy Board of Directors. All gifts to JA Foundation are tax deductible.
A few of the challenges we face in continuing to help our students attain their highest academic potential while offering a well-rounded education:
- The rising need and cost of improving necessary technology in our elementary and secondary schools, specifically adding chrome books and computers
- A considerable lack of funding for our art, music and drama departments, with a desire to add a performing and visual arts center
- The need for adding ADA accessible playground equipment
- A lack of funding to sustain and grow our intramural and competitive athletic programs
Our Jefferson Academy community endeavors to meet these challenges in order to continue to create a learning environment that engenders growth in character, academic achievement and the love of learning. The accomplishment of these objectives will result in our students becoming responsible, productive citizens.